31 March 2009

WiP Wednesday!

Yes, I have WiPs to show you! On Wednesday! Can you believe it?!

I'm working on three projects right now, and they all have a deadline.

The first is the All About Aran afghan.

afghan blocks

There are 16 blocks in this afghan, which makes a much more portable project than a one-piece pattern. I have finished just those 2 blocks (one of which has to be ripped a little because I made a big mistake that I was in denial about until after I finished it and realized that I had increased 2 stitches every other row for 12 rows). I'm using Mission Falls 1824 Wool. It's a bit pricier than I would usually use for a project of this size, but it's a wedding gift for a close friend, and she's definitely worth the extra cost. Due date on this one is 16 May.

Next up, the Landscape Shawl.

grandma's shawl

Actually, I'm not using the pattern. I'm winging it. I was too impatient to order the pattern so I'm making it up as I go. We'll see how it goes. I'm using Vanna's Choice. I know - ick, acrylic. Right? I bought the yarn because this is a gift for my grandmother's 80th birthday, and I needed it to be machine wash and dry. I looked around at Hobby Lobby for something reasonably priced and really liked the color choices of Vanna's Choice. It feels really nice too. Not at all squeaky like acrylic often is. Due date is 24 May.

And, lastly, is a Monkey sock.

monkey sock

These are for TechGirl's mom. Yarn is Regia Kaffe Fassett. Due date is end of April, at the latest.

And yes, that's a new kitty you see in that last picture. Shane and I bought home two kitties last Friday. I finally had a chance to take pictures of them and will post them later this week.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

KITTIES!! Congratulations!!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

And what do the kitties think of the knitting?

5:26 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

love the aran afghan - how is the mission falls wool to knit?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Kitty! KITTY!

9:08 PM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

Pretty kitty feet and very pretty socks. You're so good to mommy.
miss ya!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Kitty noms needle cables. Iz okay. Kitty will learn.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Look at those little white paws!

2:12 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Look at those cute little paws!! Congrats!!!!

Loving all the projects, but that afghan is going to be amazing!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home