18 March 2009

Friends

TechGirl and I have been friends since my family moved to her neighborhood in Ohio almost 25 years ago. Though my family moved to Kansas in 1989, she and I have remained very close.

And this is why:

A couple of weeks ago, TG and I were emailing back and forth from work. I told her she should come out to visit me since the last time we saw each other was on my wedding day almost three years ago. Her response was that she didn't think her husband would be to thrilled with the idea.

That night, Shane and I talked about it - when she would come, where she would stay, what we'd do while she's here, whether we had BB that weekend. While Shane and I were talking I had an idea. I would contact TG's husband and appeal to him. I would tell him that I am really upset about my problems with infertility and could use a few days with my best friend. It wasn't completely a lie. I am upset about it and I would love a few days with my friend.

The next day I emailed TG and told her my plan, to which she replied, "We must have the same brain. I told him the exact same thing last night."

Even after all these years and 800 miles, we still think alike.

---
This post brought to you by Kate and her blog circus.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, sweet. I do love those mind-meld moments.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Baino said...

This is a little sad don't you think that her husband wouldn't deign to let her go to visit her best friend? I mean it's great that you've worked around it but why would he object in the first place!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

My BF is in England, so I empathise. I hope yours is able to make it to you :0)

3:30 AM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

I hearts you mucho!! hahahaha

8:06 PM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

What I found interesting was I thought I was being a total shit for using your fertility issues as an excuse to come out. And then you went and did it, too!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home