15 February 2009

A Saturday afternoon

I woke up yesterday morning to this:

valentines

The flowers and candy are from Shane. The bear is from BB. When you squeeze the bear's paw, it plays "Can't Get Enough of You Baby" by Smash Mouth while a rose that the bear is holding spins and lights up "I Love You" and "You're the Greatest". It's cute.

Yesterday afternoon Wendy, Pete, Shane, BB and I went to the WWI museum in Kansas City. None of us had been before. It was really nice - very informative without being boring. They had a lot of artifacts from the war from all over the world. According to one of the museum employees, the items in the museum represent only about 20% of their total collection.

In addition to the museum, we went up to the top of this:

liberty memorial

That's the Liberty Memorial (complete with Shane's head). If I were a better citizen, I could tell you some specifics about it. All I know is that it's part of the WWI museum and was built in 1926.

It was a beautiful day. The view of downtown Kansas City was really cool.

downtown kc

Pete took a picture of my little family.

family pic at liberty memorial

After the museum, we headed to Hooters for an early dinner. Yum.

It was a good day.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger TechGirl said...

I went to the top of that monument when I visited there in high school. :) It's pretty neat.

11:23 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sounds like you had a perfect Valentine's day!!!

2:49 AM  
Blogger kemtee said...

What a great day! KC is one of my most favorite cities on the planet.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

Awww... how very sweet. It sounds like you guys had a great day!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

What a great family pic! You know, I never realized exactly where you live. I lived in the KC 'burbs for a couple of years in the early '80s. The art museum was great and they used to have free symphony concerts on its lawn.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

I'm really interested in WW1 history. I love the book "Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulk - it is set in various times, but mostly during the war. It is very touching - the part where he returns home from being a soldier to find life going on as normal, is one of the most thought-provoking pieces of writing I've ever read.

Glad you had a great valentines day (so long ago now).

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home